Tuesday, October 22, 2013


    This picture represents I would like to be in a life style of being smart and powerful. The suit represents power by showing a clean look. You would give me more respect in this suit than in a cardigan and jeans. My posture shows that I am smart and I am not slouching but straight. I am more likely to learn new things when I am attentive and alert, not slouching and sleepy. I like the way I presented myself in this picture.
    I plan on achieving this type of life style by paying attention in class and learning as much as I can during school.  One way Griet change in the book is she changed from conservative to more open and verbal as the book went on. " What have you been doing here, Griet?.... chopping vegetables...... the colors fight when they  are side by side" page 5. " pull your cap off..... Back from my face?.. more... I want to see your cheek line... show me your ear. your cap take it off... No!" page 181. She changed from conservative to more open by being around other people. I would like to try and make new friends so I could possible change in a good way. 
     Another way is she stayed strong throughout the book. ".. One day the kiln exploded, taking his eyes and his trade. He was the lucky one-two other men died". " pull your cap off..... Back from my face?.. more... I want to see your cheek line... show me your ear. your cap take it off... No!" She shows her strength here because she could have been weak and not wanted to do anything but be with her father every day, also she stood up against Vermeer when she could have been weak and shown her hair but she stayed strong. I would like to keep some of my attributes the same and not change everything about me. I don't want to give up everything but I want to because stronger in the areas I'm weak .

3 comments:

  1. I really like the symbols that you have for your goals in life! With those qualities I am sure you will achieve your dream of either being a lawyer or doctor. interesting post (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you picked a great picture! I liked how you are standing up tall and strong to support that you want to be strong and powerful when you grow up. I really liked how you want to continue doing good in school and not just wasting the 4 years you have to learn new ways of life. Keep up the great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a really good job on this! I liked the symbolism you used to describe your photo, and the quotes you chose from the novel definitely supported your goals.

    ReplyDelete